Friday, August 7, 2009

Mans Anger?

For man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
So yesterday I got a chance to see this first hand , someone at work offended me 3 times , every time I kinda knew I should just let it go , but the third time I confronted ... not good.
I did not accomplish my goal , his goal , and certainly not the fathers .
I think that most of Gods goal was to bring me to the freedom of humility , that wonderful place where you have enough peace and security in him that you think less of yourself .
I mean honestly , when I am reading the bible regularly and praying , I am seeing my own faults,
and not trying to protect my reputation (whatever that means anyway!).
once again the trial was leading to maturity ... I failed this time , but maybe not next time .
I thank him for his mercy to try again , and to not give up on me .
SEE YOU NEXT ROUND PRIDE!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think you need to recognize that their aren't many men out there that would recognize where they have made an error or are at least couragous enough to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to add that confrontation is not necessarily a bad thing. It depends on how you do it. It wasn't right for him to be offensive to you and maybe speaking to him about it will spare someone else from the experience.

    Ideally, speaking to him in a "loving" way regarding why you were offended would be ideal, using the experience as a "teachable moment," but that's easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Davie,

    Sorry it's taken me so long to comment.

    It can be very difficult to bite our tongues when we feel *we* are in the right and want to stand up for ourselves and the injustices being done against us. Everytime I want to defend myself, I think of Isaiah 53:7 "He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth." Wow.

    I know a story of another man whose silence was more of a testimony to a crowd of angry university students, than if he would have had "all the answers" to their jeers. Remind me to tell you the story when I get back from holidays...it's a powerful one.

    Keep fighting the good fight!! We're in this thing together!

    -her ladyship

    ReplyDelete